Terms & Conditions
UK FRIENDS OF AWIS is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. For the purposes of this policy, the term "UKAWID" refers to UK FRIENDS OF AWIS.
This policy governs all pages hosted at www.ukawid.co.uk and registration for these sites. It does not apply to pages hosted by other organizations to which we may link and whose privacy policies may differ. Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be treated. This policy may change from time to time so please check back periodically.
Personally identifiable information
UKAWID collects the following information regarding visitors: IP addresses; what pages are accessed by an IP address; and information volunteered by you, such as email address.
Use of Information
UKAWID uses the information we collect about you to help us with understanding more about how our site is used and to be able to send you communications such as our enewsletter.
Collection of information
When you are on www.ukawid.co.uk and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with UKAWID alone unless stated otherwise.
Distribution of Information
If you have subscribed to UKAWID’s newsletter, we will send you communications every week. UKAWID will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
Update, Correct, or Delete email addresses
The accuracy of your individual identifying information is important to UKAWID. We are working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that UKAWID maintains about you. In the meantime, if you change email address or if any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email the UKAWID webteam firstname.lastname@example.org.
UKAWID will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information, except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it. UKAWID does not sell lists to others. UKAWID may share individual information available to affiliated third parties and our agents for marketing purposes. UKAWID may also use such information to contact people for marketing purposes.
Protecting personal information
UKAWID is committed to taking reasonable steps to protect the individual identifying information that you provide to us.
When you give UKAWID personal information we take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, UKAWID cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Terms and Conditions
Use of this site is provided by UKAWID subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
1. Your use constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
2. UKAWID reserves the rights to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
3. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
4. This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to UKAWID are provided "as is" without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will UKAWID be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
5. UKAWID does not warrant that the functions and materials contained in this site will be: uninterrupted or error free; that defects will be corrected; that this site, or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs; or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
6. Copyright restrictions:
- Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorization from UKAWID. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any licence by UKAWID to use any item displayed.
- Documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not UKAWID). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
7. UKAWID takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet Sites.
8. Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information.
10. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
11. If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.